Making the most efficient and effective use of your resources
We now offer yearly pasture sustainability plans.
Pasture renewal shouldn’t be a one-time event, but should be a year-round investment in the health and growth of your pasture. Proper pasture management begins by providing adequate area for your horses, and the sustainable management of that area. Careful planning and management of your pastures may allow you to keep horses in a limited area in a safe and healthy manner.
There are many things to consider when looking to improve and protect the sustainability, health, and productivity of your pasture.
- natural options available
- composed of nitrogen, phosphorous, and potassium components
- replaces the chemical components that are taken from the soil by growing plants
- improve the growing potential of soil
- reduces compaction of soil
- increases the activity of beneficial soil micro-organisms
- increases water, nutrient and oxygen movement into the soil
- helps prevent fertilizer and chemical application run-off from overly compacted areas
- wide variety of options available
- selective and economical way to control weeds
- organic options available
Mowing and Dragging
- mowing is an effective way to control weeds by reducing weed seed production
- dragging will level out small holes while working in fertilizer